League of Unsavory Gentlemen
- 3x Run: Can run at 3x speed with all normal rules for running, even if you’re not going in a straight line (normally running is 4x, but only in a straight line). This is not possible in full plate.
- Group Takes a 20: Whole party can collectively “take a 20” in a room in 1/(# in party) the time, using the average search score for the party. For example, 4 people with search scores of 8, 10, 12, and 14 can search 16 squares in 8 minutes, using the average search score of 11.
- Castling: If two party members are adjacent (and both players consent), one of the players may, on their turn, switch spots with the other player. This moves both pieces 5’, and counts as a move action for the character performing the move. The other character may take a full move action on the next turn even though their piece was moved 5’ on another player’s turn.
- Commission a Magic Item: +10% cost, BUT must find available/willing spellcaster to do it. Use same availability chart as for DMG items, but to find out if the item could be “made” available in the town. If not, the same search and transport fees apply, on top of the additional 10% for commissioning the item. So the commission price is basically always a guaranteed extra 10% on top of the normal price. Caveat: Items worth MORE than 75k OR with an XP cost (like wish) require a specific negotiation with the spellcaster making the item. Note that I typically value XP costs more than the DMG default – since PCs are typically unwilling to trade XP for gold in a 1:5 ratio, I assume NPCs are the same way. Items with a high-valued component cost may also require a specific negotiation, since it may not be readily available (read: may have to go on quest).
- Modification of Leadership Table: Modified to keep scaling with level; included in main spreadsheets on Followers page